Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA dude from college fronts a reggae band in Richmond
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13173487&mesg_id=13242754
13242754, A dude from college fronts a reggae band in Richmond
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Mar-14-18 03:48 PM
Hes from Charlottesville. I think they usually win best reggae band in Richmond or VA.

I also know a white reggae band from DC who tours all over the world.

While I think its hilarious because none of them are Jamaican I also think folks dont really care as kong as the music sounds good.

Jamaicans might be offended tho.

I grew up in thr burbs outside of Pittsburgh. Pitsburgh slang pretty nuch sounds like Cali slang. Think of Whiz Kalifa. If thats how you want to sound I don't give a shit.

I went to college with a bunch of ethnicities at VCU. Women went thru phases, dressed in the african garb and dudes had the Jafaken accents. Some of them still rock that dhjt and their kids have African names even tho the grew up in the burbs.

If thats the life you want to live I wont stop you from doing it. Just try to be sensitive and respect the culture you are trying to emulate.

Ionno man, judt dont ckap back like Iggy Azelia whe someone challenges you or questions your intent.

I think if folk ask Bruno about music history he isnt going to be a dear in headlights. Folks act like Bruno is on some "who's Teddy Riley?"

I think one has to do their homework and really be about it. Dont be in African garb and slide thru with a white girl.