Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe children of people with different skin tones and cultural backgrounds
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13172611&mesg_id=13173296
13173296, The children of people with different skin tones and cultural backgrounds
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jul-13-17 09:21 AM
Are "black" inside the system of white supremacy (as are we) is what I stated. I agree with Neely Fuller Jr that in reality it just breaks down to white and not white as far as how the system views people not of mostly European backgrounds. Regarding Logic I don't know what white people view him as but as Fuller states it's that culture which defines who is white and who is not. If 6 out of 10 whites say Logic is not white -- he's not white within their system.

Bringing me to the point about how non-whites of African descent view themselves; in combination with education Americans of colonial African descent can certainly define themselves as something outside of what the SOWS defines them. With more education centered in black communities focused on the unique background of African descended Americans self empowerment can be achieved and personal non adherence to the false paradigms of race can be successfully implemented (imo). This is a form of distancing from a toxic and IMO restrictive construct. How white people view non whites of African descent is something we can't control but we can control how we model ourselves in relation to that view. Simply stated we African descended Americans do not have to adhere so earnestly to the images we allow whites to foist onto us -- we can control our own narrative and this can be done through intense community based education similar to Asian communities, Jewish communities, polish communities etc. It takes investing in our people and communities to help foster this kind of environment and also build and generate wealth.

I noticed you focus much on the dynamic between whites and non whites of African descent but in my reply I believe I kept it general meaning that it doesn't matter what the culture and skin tone of the non African Descended individual is the result will more times than not be an African Descended individual. This can be with Asians, Europeans, Indians, etc

The problem with the culture mixing between African descended Americans and non is one of value. If we increase the actual and perceived value of the African descnded American we increase the quality of the unions between such individuals. I believe a child of mixed cultures who values their African descended parent will or is likely to seek out African descended partners. Americans of African descent that choose mates counter to their culture have chosen poorly, selfishly, or both but there are certainly non African cultured individuals who are not antagonistic towards the culture who are chosen as well.

The picture is not rosey but worth the average empire lasting 300 years (America not far from that) and the longest being 500 odds are whatever plans the white majority have will not come to fruition so the dying mule will die -- we just need to keep our distance and not get kicked.