Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSomething's changed and no ones talking. What would you do?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13172463&mesg_id=13172463
13172463, Something's changed and no ones talking. What would you do?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
So I've been seeing this woman for about a year (just had an anniversary)

Not long ago we were out and she said maybe we were too similar and that I needed to be more open which was fair because I had been guarded (moving slow but planned to open up more in time)

I open up more but tell her I need her to show more interest in me (went away for a week and she didn't even text until I addressed it 5 or 6 days later) if it's really going to work. It was a little testy but not a shouting match or anything. Just two people working through shit

The next day was anniversary day (July 4th) and she doesn't even want to meet at her place to head out but would rather meet at the party. I convince her to meet at her place and bring an anniversary gift and tell her I really like her. Don't say I love you, but she gets the picture. Says she's not good with expressing feelings and I'm like it's cool not rushing anything. We have a great day it would seem.

Rest of the week goes well and she meeets my mom for the first time Saturday. Day goes well and we head home making plans to touch base in an hr to make evening plans. I text and she rainchecks. I'm like cool thanks for a great day any day in mind to reschedule for? No reply until Monday! Asking if I have plans. I'm like yeah I have plans so she's like "sad face no one wants to hang out with me" so I'm like how about later in the evening? "She says just kidding!!? Have fun.

Prior to all this open up business we had a regular routine and things were way smoother it seemed. She never rainchecked before and it seems like she's really kind of pushing me away.

We have a 4 day beach trip planned starting Thursday and come back Sunday. Am I walking into a trap? Like this is all just pretend to ultimately break up? Not feeling that.

Poll question: Something's changed and no ones talking. What would you do?

Poll result (31 votes)
Bail now and let the chips fall where they may (20 votes)Vote
Go on the trip y'all planned and see what happens (8 votes)Vote
Go on the trip and ghost when you get back (3 votes)Vote