Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13172083&mesg_id=13172546
13172546, I'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her.
Posted by Aeon, Tue Jul-11-17 09:53 AM
1st of all i have no expectations that any random nigga she runs up on on the street is gonna have the sensitivity and wherewithal around mental illness to jump into some unspoken rescue protocol and be super helpful.

2ndly, people been filming crackheads since crackheads could be filmed. why are we acting brand-new about this? there's a ton of strung out people on the street who are dealing with mental health issues along with their addiction. filming them hasn't ever been right but with all the ire directed toward this dude i'd expect y'all to be marching in the streets about the epidemic. people really mad about this?

3rd, she been failed by herself and others in spades a whole hell of a lot before he ever got a chance to film her. y'all wanna whip HIS ass? looks to me like he was trying to pump gas and got run up on by a c-list ex-celeb begging for crack and cracking jokes.

not saying he should have done this; i certainly wouldn't have. i don't think i would have even entertained her conversation. but this isn't shocking and really doesn't register for me on the scale of human rights offenses.