Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttheres a lot to parse through her could you try and type your para's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13171485&mesg_id=13172001
13172001, theres a lot to parse through her could you try and type your para's
Posted by Reuben, Sun Jul-09-17 03:12 AM
with more space i want to get into the first paragraph but its quite dense

in fact i think its exactly an inverted liberation theology, and that makes sense Dr Thandeka is a unitarian church pastor after all.

what makes tackling race so tricky is that it 'switches lanes' so to speak. it is at once a class based oppression, but then identity is also folded into it.

i do agree with the idea that racism is a belief more so than an action, in the sense that one partakes in a racist white system that benefits whites to the degradation of blacks, but one can participate in that system and still not believe that blacks are inferior or subhuman to whites.

but by solely ascribing race to a belief and not an action or a system you give space for this system to continue and can you really say that allowing that space for the racist white system to continue is 'anti-racist' in any meaningful way? no you cant.

it is a pickle