Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI already told you. Nothing you've said is deep, just ill-informed.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13164105&mesg_id=13237640
13237640, I already told you. Nothing you've said is deep, just ill-informed.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Feb-26-18 10:31 AM
>i'll say the 1st part again, since u misread that i somehow
>switched up-
>
>coogler did more to reignite panafricanism than anything since
>mandela's release 30 years ago.
>
>and to expound-
>
>tony browder and dr ben's work does not fall in the same
>lane.
>
>if your panafricanism aint a worldwide living & breathing
>thing, and instead lives in textbooks, more power to u.

How ironic that you go on to accuse me of ignoring aspects of what you said when you ignored that I also mentioned James Small. His work is on the ground and not stuff you read in a textbook (Browder and Ben Yochannan's work isn't/wasn't all in textbooks either). But maybe you have no idea what these people actually do/did... which is understandable, since you actually made a post about Yvette Carnell and have no idea what she's even about.

>nice how u ignored how the movie was affirming blacks in
>brazil tho. musta been the white backing that told all those
>ppl to travel across town to the white malls to watch the film

Well since we're repeating ourselves, I'll repeat the part about white backing:
"What's going on at the core here though? You're talking about big budgets and popular culture. If you understand the wealth data, not only of the average Black person but even in Hollywood, you know we just don't have the budget that white folks have. This has just always been America's setup. So when you talk about "omg dolby surround sound, reaching the globe, 200 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, etc" sir, you are talking about white backing. It's not like we haven't tried to get stuff like this off the ground. We don't have the budget, marketing, etc... and we don't come out and support US so that we can build it. We supported this because... white backing. More people know about this than any low-budget Black film, because of white backing. Please tell me that you understand how finances are a huge part of racism, sir. Niggas talking about they "feel seen" now because white backing (seen by white companies of course)."

I would expound, but I don't need to if you're able to "catch on." So does this mean that all this is dead as soon as white people decide to pull the plug? And since we're taking shots, if YOUR panafricanism is contingent upon white people allowing a worldwide, big budget superhero film about Africans with a panafrican cast, more power to you. Your panafricanism will obviously be rare and very controlled.