Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI hear you, but there's a lot at work here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13164105&mesg_id=13236032
13236032, I hear you, but there's a lot at work here.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Feb-21-18 03:32 AM
At the very root, the Black American with a tie to descendants of slaves is the enemy here, definitely, while the Africans are the good guys. That in itself is something our system keeps telling us over and over. I talked about this on the boards before tho. Black Americans have a justice claim and are more likely to fight for that "being difficult" to white folks. As descendants of slaves, we don't understand how much we're falling behind when we are the ones who experienced the injustice that Affirmative Action was an attempt to start correcting. Too many Africans accept those benefits while calling us names and kissing up to white folks while neither understanding our plight nor fighting for our cause. Of course racists prefer THAT underclass over us.
Add that to the fact that this idea that the Black male simply imitates his oppressor is taken from Michelle Wallace who had some really problematic views of Black men with no data to support them. So there, it looks like we're watching the cinematic depiction of that. And again, my biggest problem is that he doesn't realize that's what he's doing, and I think part of the reason it's so easy for so many of us to accept that is because we've heard it so much. And again, I reject that, because it's true sometimes, but as a person intelligent enough to do all he did, he would have known better and had a better plan.
I could go on and on, but I think that should suffice.