Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectall fair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13158109&mesg_id=13158656
13158656, all fair
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat May-20-17 09:27 AM

>What I hate about:
>
>S8/S8+ - Red tint, No IR blaster, No USB -C 3.1, fingerprint
>sensor location sucks, battery life is MEH, it is very
>difficult to find a screen protector for this device, and
>bixby is horrible.

Bixby, even if they finish it, is just gonna be bullshit compared to Google's (hell, even to Moto's assistant, which has been around longer). I hate that there's even a button for the shit, and this is coming from someone who uses Samsung as daily driver more or less for the last 3 years (when I started getting smartphones). Let us reprogram the function to use Google app instead.

It's funny because on the S8, everything about Samsung's customizations don't bother me as much (I leave most of them stock) except the Bixby shit. They can't compete with the volume of data Google and 'em have.

As for the screen protectors, I gave those up with Note 7/S7 Edge and that curved screen. It's just going to be impossible with that. I've been using ArmorSuit wet-apply screen protectors instead to keep the screen from getting scratched up.

>LG G6 - No IR blaster, regional hardware differences, no
>wireless charging, screen is not rounded and the S821 is some
>2016 shit.

Though the thing I think is mostly PB&J on the G6 is the S821. Its form factor is fine, and I think that's a good counter to what Samsung is doing. Should have an 835. I think the US G6 has wireless charging though, it's the international one that doesn't (also bullshit that they get the better DAC and 64GB versions). Also, now that Samsung has finally moved off carrier branding (software forking still exists), LG needs to do the same.

also, fuck Qualcomm in the goat ass for reasons you stated