Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo I need help stop'n my sister from smacking this Pakistani lady....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13150288&mesg_id=13150288
13150288, So I need help stop'n my sister from smacking this Pakistani lady....
Posted by Ms_MynTight, Fri Apr-28-17 09:23 AM
Background:
Sister moved to a fairly diverse neighborhood (by Chicago standards). Her 5 year old goes to the local neighborhood school. While the majority of the students at the school are relatively poor, the school benefits from being located in a very economically mixed area/ tax base. There is public housing & also million dollar homes.

Situation: My mother is on pick up/ drop off duty most days. She started noticing that there was a woman who didn’t seem to want her daughter to play with the other kids- my niece (only Black kid in this group), a few Asians and a few Latino kids. My mother was like whatever, she made the assumption that the woman was an immigrant and frankly just weird (FWIW, my momma aint got no damn sense). But she then notices that the woman’s daughter plays with the other kids just fine and the mother doesn’t seem to mind….until my niece shows up and she promptly calls for her kid to come stand next to her and scows in my nieces general direction. She does this so clearly that my niece actually stands still as if confused and looks over at my mother like she may have done something wrong. At which point my mother yells: Don’t worry about it baby, they got the cooties anyway. SMH

So she relays this whole story to my sister. Who decides that she needs to see this for herself. She goes to the playground and like clockwork it happens… only this time little was directly playing with my niece and when her mom calls her the little girl whispers “I can’t” and runs over to answer her mother and my niece sulks and says “my heart is broken” (she’s super melodramatic).

Anyway my sister reported it to the school….. which was VERY difficult for her to do…cause she just wanted to step to the lady, like whats good?…but her better angels won that day(thank God). She asked me and I suggested she introduce herself to the woman and ask if everything is okay. My concern is that the woman gets cute and then I gotta post bail cause my sister done dog walked her.

Oh, we don’t even really know If the woman is Pakistani….but given the description, its my best guess.

Please advise.

Everybody's got a lil light unda the sun....