Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCan't say I'm not dissapointed....but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13129295&mesg_id=13129300
13129300, Can't say I'm not dissapointed....but
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sat Feb-25-17 04:54 PM
I knew that the optimal option would have been Perez as the Chair, and Keith as the deputy chair...

I can understand people wanting this race to be a re-litigation of Hillary vs. Sanders.... and yes...the Progressives have earned the right to lead the Democratic party...but Progressives must lead AS the "establishment" not against the establishment... The team of Perez and Ellison allows progressives to be the mainstream of the DNC....and that's how you win....which is the actual goal... the division cost America dearly in this last election...

and if Perez is the establishment....people should remember that it's not Hillary and Wasserman-Shultz establishment...... but coming from President Obama's team...

and the fact that President Obama and Eric Holder are leading a grassroots effort to challenge redistricting in various states... you have a pretty powerful line up now where a real progressive leader sits in a powerful position and a member of Obama's team leading with Obama and Holder make power moves....