Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUgh. Are you really doing this again? No, I'm not saying that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13128095&mesg_id=13128619
13128619, Ugh. Are you really doing this again? No, I'm not saying that.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-23-17 11:51 AM
No, I’m not saying that at all.

I don’t have a problem setting boundaries.
The issue isn’t setting boundaries.

Did you read my first post?

The issue is that there’s no relationship when there are boundaries.

The “all or nothing” aspect comes from them, not me.

When I’m willing to give my money, time, car, home, etc they’re blowing up my phone and want to see and talk to me all the time.

When I’m not, they have no use for me and thus no reason to speak to me.

I’m not talking about asking for an occasional loan, I’m talking a constant stream of take take take. If boundaries are enforced it’s radio silence.

I’m not just talking about giving of time and resources. I’m also talking about having to deal with consistent fits of violence. When I say “doors torn of hinges and broken windows and holes in walls’, that’s plural and literal and longstanding.

I’m also talking about always having to initiate interaction. It’s the very definition of a one way relationship.

Thing is, I covered all this in my first post.

Honest question though, because you do this in every interaction we have.

I say something and you say “do you mean….” And then present something that’s nowhere present in my phrasing. You seem to prefer to interpret my words and “read into” things I say instead of just taking them at face value and ou consistently lean toward the possible negative connotations in your assumptions/questions.

I’m not trying to start anything with you but this is a very consistent pattern and it’s pretty annoying.