Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBad Boy/Roc-A-Fella History: Was Jigga scared of Biggie?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13102966&mesg_id=13102966
13102966, Bad Boy/Roc-A-Fella History: Was Jigga scared of Biggie?
Posted by PROMO, Wed Dec-07-16 11:20 AM
Also, did Roc-A-Fella/Jigga sign Foxy Brown because of Lil' Kim simply because he couldn't steal Kim from Biggie?

For some reason, I've been listening to the Not Tonight EP, Hard Core, and "Playas Anthem"/"I Need You Tonight"/"Get Money" off Junior M.A.F.I.A.'s Conspiracy LP non-stop for the last 3 or 4 days.

Maybe this has been discussed or is known history, but I noticed while listening to Jigga's verse on "Big Momma Thang" that the whole verse is either about "stealing" Lil' Kim (with the finisher of the verse being "Lil Kim and Jigga/sounds like figgas") and making mad money w/ her on the Roc and the rest of the verse is WILD deferential to Biggie. he even says in the verse that he don't want no beef with Biggie/Bad Boy. Here's the full verse:

How B.I.G. and 'Un' trust you in the studio with me
Don't they know I'm tryin' to sex you continuosly
Pull a high power Coup make, you jump ship
Leave who you wit', I'm with the Roc-A-Fella crew
Trick you for the cheese, tear your boom up
Spread a ill rumor, make you flip on Lil'Cease
Twist you backwards, get the dough from your platinum hits
Rock Little Kim hats and shit
I gets down and dirty for the dough
I got love and Big know it, He must got the studio bugged
Probably, as we speak he's on his way up the street
With the M.A.F.I.A. thugs and all types of heat
But I ain't tryin' to beef, I'm just tryin to eat
Horizontally, the way I hold my iron, sweet
And dem my niggas But I like the sound:
Lil' Kim and Jigga, it sound like figures

I believe that some question how close Jay was to Big, and obviously Jay waited for Biggie to die before he started jacking and popularizing his lyrics. So, was Jigga SCARED of Biggie?