Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy only issue with the theory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13087690&mesg_id=13089515
13089515, my only issue with the theory
Posted by MiracleRic, Wed Nov-02-16 01:01 PM
whether it's being introduced by men or women is that the toxic masculinity is everywhere...(including the places they ran too...hell, im there more often than here too)

it's mostly bc people got old, cool people became more successful and less involved in online shit-talk

the messiness and the misogyny has always been here and hasn't really gotten worse...it's just no longer outshined by the cool shit people post about anymore...all of that cool shit has materialized into real shit...the bonds and the cliques have been fully-formed and now exist without this place

but the gender warz has been literally the same shit for the last 12 years lol...i'm sure plenty left bc of that but i'd be willing to bet it's not the sole or even the primary reason...

the cool thing about mansplaining is that if i trusted folks to be honest about their feelings i wouldn't feel those answers were insincere...the usual suspects are being their troglodyte selves and aint no fixing or convincing them...but this idea that listening requires believing as if women's poor treatment makes them inherently superhuman is wild to me