Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti only got one month severance and shit was already tight. only way i don't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13085994&mesg_id=13086148
13086148, i only got one month severance and shit was already tight. only way i don't
Posted by poetx, Tue Oct-25-16 01:49 PM
do that is if i can ramp quickly over these next two months to get to replacement level income, so that's the target.

i have a pension, also, tho (not huge, but more than what's in teh 401k), and i have no plans on touching that. so worst case i'll have to cash out the 401k, and take the penalty hit if the business looks promising but will require a few more months of hustle before it's fully supporting me.

i'm also going to structure myself, based upon what info i've gotten from friends who've gone the self employment route, as a company, so even if i take the occasional side job in my field, i'd pay myself salary and the parent company has the option of throwing money into a roth ira. the plan is that between rolling over my pension and the overage of what i'm able to do from the business, i'll be able to have a net improvement over any of the 401k i need to dip into in the interim + 10% penalty.

again, best possible case is that i come out the gate strong while i'm still on company payroll and earn replacement income, or at least close enough that i don't have to cash out come january.

>I'll be back with more. But please don't do that.
>
>█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
>Big PEMFin H & z's
>"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1
>thing, a musician." � Miles
>
>"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just