Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthanks for that info! i have a friend who has a plumbing services business --
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13085994&mesg_id=13086015
13086015, thanks for that info! i have a friend who has a plumbing services business --
Posted by poetx, Tue Oct-25-16 11:25 AM
really, he's an inventor, and he makes stuff to help plumbing or in the domain of plumbing, and then creates services around that.

he has a lot of dealings with local governments (inspectors and such), and he's the one that put me on to a potentially lucrative niche on doing process automation and optimization.

and EXACTLY as you stated, there are pockets inside of large organizations which go untouched, but they have technology needs, also.

at my company, we were the largest IT shop in the world, but there were many departments using 20 and 30 year old systems. my first big break came in identifying such a situation and creating and developing and deploying a technical solution on my own to my dept and throughout the country, with a 3 yr savings of over $1m, at least.

even organizations with existing IT departments, they won't necessarily be doing productivity stuff for individual, small departments. so there's a big opportunity. i'm excited for it.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad