Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUPDATE on my other hustles:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13085994&mesg_id=13086004
13086004, UPDATE on my other hustles:
Posted by poetx, Tue Oct-25-16 11:09 AM
so my son's business (really all of our business) s yllabeye (the app for college students) is still going. we trying to gain traction. just had a meeting w/ the instructional technology director of a small school in NC last week which went very well.

the app works well, although there are some changes we need to get made before we can really hit it hard w/ the marketing and rollout. but another pilot will be beneficial and keep us moving. and it was great to hear their enthusiasm as my son demo'd the product to two groups of professors and students.

they also went to a entrepreneurial forum in greensboro last weekend, and got a lot of good feedback and contacts. might come up on a couple more investors to help get us over the hump. i've done the specs and detailed design on the other changes needed to the app. now that i have more time, i can get more into the technical details there.

our candle business (w/ my wife) is going well. started this up back in may as a supplement to my income because i wasn't getting enough from the job. that has gone really well, but we're only selling at the local farmer's market one day a week. got to get the internet sales on and popping. but we get great response from customers on the variety and quality of the product. and we have a nice niche w/ all natural soy candles and phthalate free fragrances, so that should continue to grow.

it's cool, b/c when we go out on the weekends, my younger girls are typically there w/ us, helping us sell. and we've discovered that my middle daughter (the hooper) has a serious knack for sales. our numbers go up when she's there. which is very cool, b/c we have been praying that she'd identify some skill or interest outside of basketball.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad