Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Huh???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13079194&mesg_id=13079289
13079289, RE: Huh???
Posted by murph71, Sun Oct-09-16 04:07 PM

Too many dudes on this board....Needs more women.......

This false equalization shit is wild. But u know what, I'm just another dude talking about this. So I'll let Jane Eyre (who posted the following comment in that Trump "Pussy" thread) explain all the bullshit in your premise....

---

"I don't understand how bringing up Hillary's alleged responses and actions in the wake of Bill's sexual history and proclivities is a good idea. Even more disconcerting is how confident and bull-headed Trump can be about doing stupid things that can cause high levels of collateral damage for his own self-interests.

This disingenuous concern for "Bill's victims" by some Republicans is a repulsive and ignorant foray into a special kind of virulent sexism and misogyny. It challenges and disrespects the very notion of what it *is* to be a victim by shamelessly erasing and downplaying the culpability of perpetrators and the reality of sexual crimes.

I mean. Damn!!! It seems some people really DO struggle to understand that rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, rape culture, are awful, toxic, behaviors that violate people (especially women) in indescribable ways...and that, say, sexual assault really isn't "just as bad as telling a lie" or "just as bad as _________" or whatever other sin one wants to pile up on Hillary's "Her Horribleness" list.

Being sexually violated is pretty damn awful all on it's own.

And what I will NOT do is listen to someone as skeevily predatory as Donald Trump tell me and millions of other women who the real monster is: another woman.

If that's not a misogynistic lie from the very pit of hell, I don't know what is.

Republicans should be ashamed. I especially love that as more Republicans come out of the shadows to disavow Trump, they take the time to tell us about their moral conscience, their standards, and how it's so important to do the right thing. It's just so tough to decide to disavow Trump, you see. Really requires some soul searching!

Needless to say, I will likely not vote Republican in my lifetime. If I had children, I'd be that parent that makes sure that our family doesn't vote Republican for GENERATIONS. On general principle. Cuz see, I *do* have principles and it's actually not that hard...and there are millions of people like me who have basic principles.

It's been so disturbing to watch the Republican party implode and take the coward's way out. Lol. And they still have the nerve to keep Obama's name in their mouths or utter the words leadership and sell the lie that they're equipped to lead the American people. Lol. And have the nerve, when questioned, to point a finger a problems in the Democratic party. My God.

What the Republicans need to worry about isn't just Trump.

Because people won't forget this."