Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlol. it is what it is.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13077177&mesg_id=13077305
13077305, lol. it is what it is.
Posted by poetx, Tue Oct-04-16 06:10 PM
but that's the essence of the sentiment. it's where i'm at.

might just be a slow news day, tho. i been doing lignum vitae** numbers of late, anyway. (

** i think that was t dub - tonywashington who made a poast about going wood, and said that he was some rare ass kinda wood. this had to be like 12 yrs ago. and lignum vitae stuck in my head. but i never googled or nothing. was just odd and interesting. and then a few days ago i'm watching some nature shit or how it's made or something and they mention some rare wood - lignum vitae (now i 'member, it was about how they make yard bowling balls). that lil factoid and it's meta-data is, i'm sure, replacing somebody birthday in my head. *shrug*

>nevertheless..
>
>glad your kid is doing well

thank you.

>
>glad to hear you're in a (basically) good place

yeah. feeling better. was on some up and down ish for a couple weeks. the job ish did kinda throw me for a loop for a minute. cuz i feel like i 'let myself' be played out.

but that's pride. i mostly made the moves i made (which put me in in this position where i could get picked off) based upon the available choices. i ain't gonna second guess them.

this self-employment option / opportunity in front of me has incredible potential. when i think back of how many literal millions of dollars i've made or saved ibm over the years. prospect of studying to get up to speed to go do some more shit i hate for another 10 years is very unappealing.

if i can, instead, study hard and do something on my own, that might be the oppty of a lifetime. i hope i'm not just being manic.

>
>you're a standup dude
>stay blessed and be encouraged

much appreciated and many thanks for the encouragement.

praying i'm having a 'selah' moment right now.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad