Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah that shit is a catch 22
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13076947&mesg_id=13076990
13076990, Yeah that shit is a catch 22
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Oct-04-16 11:44 AM
I'm cool with everyone at work but not really friends with anyone.

I trust more than others but I know the deal at the end of the day.

As far as the happy hour and office parties...those things are good for team building and can help make a department or office work together better and creates a positive work environment and high morale.

The issue is that when shit hits the fan, no one wants to be honest with the situation and take ownership of what occurred. This is obviously for fear of getting written up or fired but that goes back to the boss and their method of judging staff intentions while
Holding people accountable. Everyone fucks up but when you have an environment where it's not ok to fuck up at all then people throw others under the bus because they are nervous for their own job.

People just don't know how to communicate and people aren't raised with the same values. I would find it easy to work with my best friends because we can hold each other accountable with no hard feelings and we know each other's motives. If someone were to fuck up then we would address it and deal with it instead of crucifying the person.

That just doesn't happen in the work world because people don't know each other as well and the trust isn't there.