Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGenerally when I'm doing/thinking about an activity I associate with them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13061459&mesg_id=13061479
13061479, Generally when I'm doing/thinking about an activity I associate with them
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Aug-25-16 12:57 PM
Like, my uncle passed a few months ago, and now I think about him every time we eat corn for dinner, because the guy taught me how to shuck corn. So every time I shuck corn for my wife to cook, I think about him for a few minutes. Or every time I swim in our housing development's community pool, or even think about it (which is often, since it's basically right outside our front door), because when my family visited my uncle and aunt in NY over the summer, we spent a whole lotta time swimming in their pool.

I also think about my grandmother (she passed 20 years ago), on my brother's birthday, since my first coherent memory is waking up and walking into my parents room, and my grandma telling me that they weren't there because they went to the hospital so that my mom could give birth.

I also think about my grandfather all the time at job, since he had diabetes, and I work at a medical device company that combats diabetes.