Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYour hypothetical is silly. People ACTUALLY did look at the evidence
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13060307&mesg_id=13076940
13076940, Your hypothetical is silly. People ACTUALLY did look at the evidence
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Oct-04-16 10:46 AM
and they found him not guilty.

>The trial transcript and the deposition transcript ruin that
>cute attempt. He wouldn't have a leg on which to stand with
>that since the ppl would be able to read those and reach our
>own conclusion.

Who gives a shit that people who read a couple of articles and transcript excerpts concluded he was guilty when the people who looked at everything, an almost all white jury mind you, found him not guilty?

Even the jury for the other dude concluded that the accuser wasn't unconscious when the incident occured even though they found him guily of rape. Correctly, the appellate court found that finding and the finding that he was guilty of rape were incompatible and reversed and freed the dude.

That's why we've concluded Nate is a rapist
>even though he was acquitted. We know that he was acquitted in
>part bc back then when he was tried info about the victim's
>sexual history was admitted that wouldn't be admitted in a
>similar trial today. So I don't think that stance would've
>worked well. The backlash would be intense.

Again, your suggestion is he cower to the backlash. I think it would have been better for him and even the movie if he stood up for what he believed in and fought the system. That sort of controversy would have been good because at least people could rally behind him. Hard to rally behind him now since he hasn't been very clear about where he stood on this (i.e., were you unjustly accused or did you do something wrong with the girl?).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"