Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti might apologize to $ave the movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13060307&mesg_id=13076936
13076936, i might apologize to $ave the movie
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Oct-04-16 10:39 AM
and to $ave the re$t of my career. and i'd work on finding a way to apologize in a way that leaves me comfortable.

but if i were in Hollywood working as an actor and/or director i'd understand that i'd have to compromise my 'morals' on a few issues more than once over the course of my career if i want to have a long, successful career. it happens.

also, the public reaction to Nate's situation is not rooted in any desire to be 'pc' (whatever the fuck that means). 'pc' generally is just about ppl's interest in not being assholes to vulnerable ppl like various minority groups. this is not about any wish to be sensitive to the rape victim in the case as much as it's about independent analysis of facts. it's about not being brand new, basically. it's about ppl's reading of the facts of Nate's case. \

several of us have concluded that he raped that woman even though a jury acquitted him. several of us understand that a jury may acquit b/c the prosecution failed to meet its burden to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt as controlled by the law and the rules of evidence. we understand that the law and the rules have changed since that trial happened such that some evidence was admitted back then that wouldn't be admitted today. so his trial would be different today. but even w/o that consideration we've read enough about the facts of the situation to reach our own conclusion w/o being constrained by the jury's verdict, the law or the rules of evidence.