Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSaw an army buddy get got in a street card game.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13060173&mesg_id=13061179
13061179, Saw an army buddy get got in a street card game.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Wed Aug-24-16 08:31 PM
A group of us were in Spain and at one point, three of us decided to walk around town (Barcelona). Got to an area were a few dudes had a 3 card Monte game going on within a crowd of spectators. As expected, a random lady, whom I'm sure was their plant, won some money, which would convince others to try their hand at winning. I had said to the other two who were with me something along the lines of 'you would have to be a sucker to play this game. By now, folks should know that this is a hustle.'

One of the cats I was with stepped up to the table. I had figured he had heard me but was gonna try anyway. Due to knowing that dude is a fast talker, I figured that he knew what he was doing and was going to out hustle the hustlers. The hustlers started with the "friend" fast talking with ol' boy and managed to pull some of the extra euros he was holding out of his hand and sat them on the table.

Inevitably, dude lost the money (if memory serves me correctly it was the equivalent of around $200). Dude was livid. He started yelling about "policia" and I kid you not, the dudes quickly packed up and smooth blended in with the crowd for their escape; just like the movies. You couldn't even point those fools out for jack.

I told dude that I thought he knew that was a hustle and he yelled about how he didn't know and asked why didn't I tell him. I told him I thought he had heard me and wanted to try anyway. Dude was frothing at the mouth and was all ready to leave after that. That was the smoothest con I had ever seen.

Since 1976