Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSome work from home shit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13060173&mesg_id=13060290
13060290, Some work from home shit.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Aug-23-16 05:43 PM
Back when I was applying to fuckin 10-15 jobs a day, one finally responded back. In hindsight, the whole thing was fucked up, but I couldn't see it going in. I did the "interview" over fuckin Yahoo Messenger, and "they" were like, cool, you're hired. We just need to send you your laptop to get started.

Thennnn, the next day they were like "Actually, we're gonna send you the money to get what you need". They sent a check for like $2100 that I cashed, then I had to do some weird shit at Western Union to send a portion of it back. So, on fucking pay day, I check my account, and the $2100 is gone, and my pay check, and the shit from Western Union. Account completely emptied. On pay day, when my car note is due.

I called the company that was supposed to be hiring me and they were like, "We've NEVER had a work from home position." Local police were like "Welp, nothing we can do, since it happened online." I submitted it as a cyber crime to the FBI, and I've literally never heard anything else about it.