Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNERL
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13041497&mesg_id=13041506
13041506, NERL
Posted by Kira, Wed Jul-06-16 05:05 PM
How's life?

*reads article*

“I must say to you, was on BET. His speech was very poignant,” she said. “On the other hand, I would be really offended if there was a school that was known as a historically white college. We have historically Black colleges. What if there was the National Organization for White People, only? There’s the NAACP.”

Eye roll—she tried it but she didn’t stop there, of course. Seconds later, after her comments on the matter, the crowd went silent:

“Look, everybody’s quiet. You’re leaving me out here to dry by myself? One wrong word — I’m choosing my words carefully, but what I am saying is racism s**ks and we can all do better in our household, educating ourselves and teaching our children to make it better.”
“National speeches like this will always rub people the wrong way just like white people will be offended because Spelman College is a historically Black college for women,” Williams said.
She added, “You might feel funny about that. I know I’d feel funny, like I just told you. If there was a white college or whatever.”

........ ^^^^^^^ WAT?

Every black media personality has a responsibility to use their voice to speak on issues that have an effect on our community. Don't get fired and at the same time do not give these people leeway to assassinate our character in public using your statements.