Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere's the thing though...........even if you could potentially get paid
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13040093&mesg_id=13040359
13040359, Here's the thing though...........even if you could potentially get paid
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Jul-01-16 12:06 PM
as much as you do for your current job, to flip burgers and make fries at a fast food or local hood spot........would you actually want to??? Would your upward mobility still be in tact?

It's several reasons I have no problem with it. The main thing is, it's still a pretty dead end job. Fuck that McDonald's commercial that showed the little Black boy that basically told the worker there that he could eventually become the owner...we know that if you're a fully grown adult that isn't educated, you'll be stuck on the fryer forever.

As for HS and college kids who do it...pay them! I have a MUCH, much much bigger problem with these huge, major corporations NOT paying interns for working hard as hell, than I do for a fast food joint paying someone $15. And seeing how expensive college is, and how folks get those degrees and can only make $15?? Fuckit, no way I can be mad at a college kid for making that much after class.

It's so many levels to it and I could keep going, but that's my main arguments.