Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHOLY FUCK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13030862&mesg_id=13054098
13054098, HOLY FUCK
Posted by hardware, Fri Aug-05-16 11:43 PM
i just developed my own color film
you dont even know

ordered the kit
i had some film lying around but decided to just shoot up a bunch of it so i could maximize the amount of time i have

finally had enough and got ready. got everything lined up
mixed up the stabalizer
but completely fucked up the blix. i didnt read the pack and mixed the dev with blix B.
so i had to order another kit
shit came today and i was determined. had a shitty day so i needed some meditation time

got everything set again. started mixing blix A but when i was trying to put the pack down so i could use both hands, started spilling the powder all in the sink. :(

but luckily i still had the pack i never got to mix so i started over

start pouring it in, but the spout of my funnel is so long, it dips into the water, wetting the powder and clogging the exit. i had to get a toothpick and try to loosen it up and angle it so it goes into the bottle. it took like 5 minutes but it seemed like 20. finally got it going and the rest of the mixing went smooth-ish

the developing went fine, but apparently my tank is SUPER leaky so i had to stick to agitation

and it worked.
my god.

soo much effort for this.

now i have to decide whether i want to continue my medium format portrait series in B/W or color