Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSmall point... I think there are a relative small number of racists
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13029357&mesg_id=13030415
13030415, Small point... I think there are a relative small number of racists
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Fri Jun-03-16 04:18 PM
>50 slaves on a plantation ruled by 4 white people and a few
>of us doing their dirty work to keep us in line. Sure woulda
>been nice to vote on who picked the cotton.
>
>Fuck that. Gimme 1 man, 1 vote. I will take my chances vs
>having a chosen few who can easily be bought and paid for once
>in office and give 2 shits about our condition because they
>got universal everything for life.
>
>I actually have faith in this country and dont think there are
>more racist than level headed people in it. The problem is a
>ton of people choose not to,vote becauae they feel the system
>is rigged and their vote doesnt count.

But there are a lot more "level-headed" people that will let racist shit slide because they're not being targeted, they're not close to anyone being targeted and therefore, they're not going to stick their neck out for what's right. They're "level-headed" so they're going to protect their neck until they're properly motivated to do something.

I don't think having them vote directly for national laws is any more advantageous on racial issues. We're 12% of the population and some other studies have shown the majority of white people have very few minority friends. If something is up for vote that has disproportionate racial impact, a vast majority of the country is going to be clueless.

The good thing about a representative republic is that it can amplify the interests of minority groups. Direct democracy drowns out the minority.