Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlol wut?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13006829&mesg_id=13009951
13009951, lol wut?
Posted by Mr. ManC, Fri Apr-22-16 01:28 PM
that is like saying BLM is against police brutality, but the NYPD is MORE against police brutality because BLM isn't willing to adopt the system as is, which is exactly what they want to change.

If Hillary wanted campaign finance reform, there is NOTHING stopping her from doing so. She easily to could turn away Super PACs and corporate money (unless that goes against what she told them in closed door meetings, which it obviously does).

But Bernie is walking the walk. The way you paint is as if getting elected in a corrupt system somehow makes you more prudent. No, she isn't for campaign finance reform because she benefits from it. The Clintons make per engagement what Bernie makes in a year. Just because she says something doesn't make it true. If that were the case she would still be against marriage equality. It doesn't cost her anything to say anything, but it could cost her what she holds dear if she were to actually do something. She wants that money and influence, and to each their own.

But I'm with Bernie on this topic, and others. She legit said during a debate "we can't have universal health care! I tried in the 90s and failed! it can't be done, but hey, Obamacare!" Wackest shit I heard from a candidate telling a country that something is off the table because she was bought and asked to shoot for the middle. Nah, we done with that.