Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectShe doesn't benefit from Citizens United.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13006829&mesg_id=13009758
13009758, She doesn't benefit from Citizens United.
Posted by stravinskian, Fri Apr-22-16 10:31 AM

Don't forget, the Citizens United case was fought over outside money being spent specifically to smear Hillary Clinton!

Just because she does all she can to minimize the extent to which it hurts her, that doesn't mean she benefits from it. If I'm playing basketball and I score 5 points while the other guy scores 15, that's not a benefit to me.

It wasn't hard for us to understand that Barack Obama could despise the Citizens United decision but still refuse unilateral disarmament in 2012. You can't win by losing. If Bernie ever had to fight a nationwide general election, he would either realize the value of superpacs (which also allow unlimited union spending, by the way, which is a big deal for Democrats), or he would lose.

>She's a hard one to trust. Also, her plan to get elected
>sucks if she's supposed to be courting millennials. She seems
>to think they don't matter.

She's reaching out to millennials in every speech. That said, if they don't vote, they don't matter. That's how politics works. The fact that Bernie's overwhelming strength with young voters is still leaving him behind by millions of votes and hundreds of delegates, is itself a direct indication that in this race, millennials don't matter.