Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBless your heart.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13006829&mesg_id=13008315
13008315, Bless your heart.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Apr-20-16 05:50 PM
I voted for Hillary in my state's primary. Bernie was on the ballot. I did not choose him. I do not want him to be the next POTUS. I want Hillary to be the next POTUS.

In the general I will vote for whomever wins the Dem nomination bc above all I want the next POTUS to be a Dem. bc by and large the Dem party members in all levels of gov't tend to hold positions that are favorable to me and issues that matter to me. A Dem POTUS is likely going to work with other Dems nationwide to accomplish goals I dig. That POTUS will select other Dems for her Cabinet. She will support other Dems in elections. She will nominate federal judges who are likely to interpret the law as I think it should be interpreted.

In short, yes when it comes to the general election I vote for the party. At the primary I vote for a candidate. This year Hillary was that candidate. I chose her over Bernie and others. I would do it again if presented with the same choice.