Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: umm, no
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13006829&mesg_id=13007276
13007276, RE: umm, no
Posted by Doomdata21, Tue Apr-19-16 02:40 PM
ideologue. 1 : an impractical idealist : theorist. 2 : an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology.

I don't think a lot of Bernie supporters are impractical necessarily. I would say that the ideas such as access to "free" higher education and "free" healthcare he champions are being done around the globe and so there is a base model to follow. What we do know is that the current model has been disastrous and will get worse in the longterm.

I also don't think it's blind advocation. We've had about a year to vet his policies and further scrutinize them as they've developed. There is a lot of info out there about how these ideas could work. So why not think they will?

I think it's up to the electorate to seek out the best pro-Bernie arguments even though it's hard for him to get a fair shake in the mass media. It's unfortunate, really. It seems like Hillary doesn't have to try because polarizing figures like herself and Trump get ratings off of shadiness.