Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"Miles Ahead" check-in (probably just LA/NY)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12998043
12998043, "Miles Ahead" check-in (probably just LA/NY)
Posted by atruhead, Sun Apr-03-16 10:28 PM
I think some of the story was embellished, it was damn near an action/adventure film in parts. for all I know the main plot could have been fan fiction

but Don Cheadle did pretty good as Miles Davis, his love interest in the film Emayatzy Corinealdi is fine https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/miles-ahead-nyff-don-cheadle.jpg and it's dope to see people like Robert Glasper and Esperanza Spalding getting closer to "mainstream"
12998064, Yooo
Posted by OkayKuntree, Mon Apr-04-16 01:45 AM
This was a seriously dope movie. Its definitely not a biopic, which I love. It only focused on a short time in his life but I felt like it really showed who Miles really was as a person and made you feel what i was like to be in his shoes also. I really like the transitions from scene to scene. Very artful.
Overall ita a dope movie about Miles the man. Not a Hollywood biopic
And yes, Emayatzy Corinealdi is fine.
She's delicious in this movie.
Good Lawd.
12998174, DC said he had to rewrite, create the buddy white guy, caper angle to get interest
Posted by Riot, Mon Apr-04-16 10:58 AM
To get any interest +funding in the product

Glad it's done tho, sounds good. Miles is one of those dudes that seems kinda forgotten

...and jazz as a whole, to a lesser extent
12998254, smh yeah it was almost like Lethal Weapon at points
Posted by atruhead, Mon Apr-04-16 12:20 PM
RE: DC said he had to rewrite, create the buddy white guy, caper angle
>To get any interest +funding in the product

I could tell Don Cheadle was very well versed in Miles' life minus the fictionalized car chases and shootouts
12998197, the reviews i've read so far sound lackluster
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Mon Apr-04-16 11:18 AM
just the proverbial "it's good," has me a bit worried. i'm a little disappointed
that this wasn't a biopic but, will still see it nonetheless.

12998225, good movie, would've been better if
Posted by Tony Sparks, Mon Apr-04-16 11:49 AM
Don lined the screenplay with more bits from the Quincy Trope autobiography, kept the white reporter and sparsed it with him recounting stories in his life to Ewan and ditched the chasing a stolen reel angle.
12998279, RE: "Miles Ahead" check-in (probably just LA/NY)
Posted by Mongo Slade, Mon Apr-04-16 12:38 PM

word - not a biopic - but then again a true Miles biopic film would have to be at least 3 hours to do it justice....