Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Exactly, and more than that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12996637&mesg_id=12997078
12997078, RE: Exactly, and more than that
Posted by murph71, Thu Mar-31-16 04:24 PM

>I'm actually glad you brought this up because I forgot to
>mention it earlier. So the premise of this post is that Bernie
>isn't fundraising for down ticket Democrats. So what was he
>supposed to do? Pull a Nader, run as an Independent, and split
>the Dem vote to get Trump elected? Or do what he said, which
>is never pull a Nadar, run as a Democrat and attempt to win
>the nomination. Why would he lend his grass roots goodwill to
>Democrats who want to see him fail so Hillary can keep the
>party going?

Bernie caucuses with the Dems in the Senate...So he's basically a Dem...And because he votes with the Dems he knew he couldn't pull a Nader...So I'm not handing dude a gold star for not going independent...He would be crucified and ran out of office if he did that.....lol

>Clinton Stans have had plenty of opportunities to wipe away
>memory. They just have selective Men In Black memories about
>her "swift boat" level issues. Yeah you believed Bush was more
>War knowledgeable than John Kerry. Thanks bro.

I don't think u understand....I NEVER SAID BUSH WAS MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN KERRY WHEN IT CAME TO WAR...

No, dog...BUSH'S TEAM PULLED THAT OFF...They were the ones that convinced the public that Kerry, a decorated war hero who damn near died trying to save his men, was a soft Liberal...And how did they pull it off? Dirty smear campaigns (they got some of Kerry's own men to say his his war hero credibility was bullshit)....Historically war Presidents win elections....The public got duped and shit happened....

This is called Politics 101 (also see Papa Bush's Willie Horton ad which turned a solid law and order guy like Dukakis into a soft bitch...)