Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectall three equally. every time i think about that shit, I get
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12972667&mesg_id=12973281
12973281, all three equally. every time i think about that shit, I get
Posted by astralblak, Sat Feb-13-16 04:16 PM
irrationally upset

i mean we know it wasn't just one set of Euros: England, the Spaniards, the French, the Dutch, and the Portuguese all leveled a myriad of attacks on all "three" peoples, for various reasons...

BUT

COTDAMN! when you look at the map and you see those sociopaths' land mass in relation to North America, South America, Africa and SE Asia, it's mind boggling...

like at some point in the stretch from like 1519 (Cortes pillaging the Aztecs; first wave colonization) to 1719 (west Africa millions deep in dealing and theft of bodies and the on set of industry), none of these muthafuckas said, hey wait these white demons are fucn crazy, let's stop dealing with them.

i know I'm trying to joke a lil about it, but fuck...

and low key, the folk on the continent of India fell for the oke-doke twice, 'cause Vasco De Gama had already "altered the course of history" in 1492...

AND THEN, when we acknowledge how many Black, Desi and Indigenous bodies aided those MFers in the conquering, I just wanna sit on a couch and drink whiskey and pretend things are better, not just different.

i do wonder if industrialization happens as rapidly without it, and how it would've developed w/o the violence of colonialism.

damn, they whooped our asses for a long ass time :(

good post