Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSF Cops commit throwback police brutality
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12930730
12930730, SF Cops commit throwback police brutality
Posted by BigReg, Tue Nov-17-15 08:48 PM
Unfortunately it looks like the victim might be white,which must irk them in their attempt to artfully recreate the 80's and 90's ass whuppings on tape we so love

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/17/san-francisco-police-beating-captured-video
12930738, Looks for gay community to come out and protest....
Posted by Musa, Tue Nov-17-15 09:21 PM
Lol.
12930743, damn, attempted murder
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Tue Nov-17-15 09:25 PM
holy shit
12930797, RE: SF Cops commit throwback police brutality
Posted by Dyskoteknowlegy, Tue Nov-17-15 11:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3UWsHVqN8M
12930818, This can't be life...
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Nov-18-15 12:58 AM
I'm losing hope.
How is this shit still happening?
How are people still against BLM?
How is this the US in 2015?
12930823, what goes through your head to be like you know what this guy needs?
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Wed Nov-18-15 01:37 AM
my baton repeatedly to his head as hes in the prone position
12930821, *sighs heavily*
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Nov-18-15 01:03 AM
12930839, Those car chases get those police fired up. Especially since he
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-18-15 08:31 AM
hit a police cruiser. I think they feel justified beating the shit out of a suspect after a long chase, like they earned it or like the guy deserved it for endangering other people's lives recklessly. Either way that was a terrible beating. I'm surprised he was able to walk away assisted after that.
12930863, That's the thing though, they are supposed to be professional
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-18-15 09:45 AM
Before this recent run o' police brutality I used to joke one of the reasons I couldn't be a cop; making me run a mile in some clunky ass bootleg black timbs and hot ass uniform trying to get away I might be included to at least include an extra hard noogie when I put them cuffs on.

That said, to try to beat a man to death is a whole other level of psychosis.
12931060, I think there's some psychosis inherent in the job
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-18-15 01:10 PM
Knowing people with family in law enforcement has kind of changed my opinion from general FTP to really understanding the problems in the judicial system and how the badge and uniform pits the police as employees against the general public by design. I always go back to the Stanford prison experiment and say it's situational attribution of behavior instead of dispositional attribution when it comes to police misconduct and brutality. With all that said, this beating seems extreme though.
12931097, RE: I think there's some psychosis inherent in the job
Posted by Selassie I God, Wed Nov-18-15 01:35 PM
>Knowing people with family in law enforcement has kind of
>changed my opinion from general FTP to really understanding
>the problems in the judicial system and how the badge and
>uniform pits the police as employees against the general
>public by design.

I understand this mindset, but the basic job description is (or at least should be);

Apprehend suspects and bring them to justice", not "work out your psychological issues on the bodies of suspects at your leisure".

If you can't do that, find another line of work. You are getting paid to keep your cool in high stress situations. I can't get behind stuff like this in any fashion. My uncle and a couple of my friends that are law enforcement (police and prison guards) all tell me that "you don't know what we go through, you gotta let it out", and I tell them to do something else for a living. I hear the "the establishment sets us up to fail" and "the public hates us until they need us" stuff, but... F*CK THAT.
12931019, before we talk about police brutality (c)...
Posted by Flash80, Wed Nov-18-15 12:48 PM
we need to talk about ukrainian-on-ukrainian violence first.