Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbtw sorry folks, no MOP or Tupac (via ARamona Shellburne tweets)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12908430&mesg_id=12908876
12908876, btw sorry folks, no MOP or Tupac (via ARamona Shellburne tweets)
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Oct-08-15 02:45 PM
Barnes said he was in Marina Del Ray when he got a text from his 6-year old son Carter around 10 p.m. that had him concerned.
Barnes said he Factimed his 6-year old son Carter to check on him and "When I saw his face I knew something was wrong."
Carter is normally rambunctious. But when he Facetimed him, "his head was down on the couch" and he said, ‘Mommies friend Derek is here.’"
“We were on Facetime. I could see him and the look on his face.” Barnes said of Carter. "That was my main reason for going over there"
"I can’t believe people think I was some maniac driving 95 miles and listening to Tupac to go beat somebody up," Barnes said.
Barnes: "I live 15 minutes away and I was going over to check on my kids because they seemed uncomfortable. "
Barnes said he, his ex-wife and kids had driven together from Santa Barbara earlier in the day after the Grizzlies finished training camp
He declined comment on the specifics of the altercation that ensued between he and Fisher.
Barnes on his relationship with Fisher: "We were close. We were friends. Some things have happened to change that. It is what it is.