Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject5 Wagons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12888840&mesg_id=12888991
12888991, 5 Wagons
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Aug-28-15 12:04 PM
Volvo V60
-------------------
this is that time of year where I start hemorrhaging money because shit breaks on the Volvo. went in for the routine service, about 4 things in "fatal error" state, fixed 3 of them. going back for the 4th in a week. and right on time something (I'm guessing tailgate wire harness) has caused the fuse that controls right side position lights and the tag lights to all go out. as one who doesn't want to give the police a single reason to pull a dude over... this is annoying as fuck. it's starting to remind me of my 240. as much as I loved it, the motherfucker was in the shop for some bullshit from day 1. but I wanted/needed a wagon badly back then.

at least they found that ring I thought I had lost FOREVER when I got it detailed. and the car behaved itself last weekend when everyone was in it and riding around.

Skoda Superb Estate
-------------------
speaking of Volvos I had no idea that they were for rent at the local airport (provided, in Premium tier). I'm tempted to get in that club so that if I have to do something which requires flight + short stay, I can get a V60. I love that little (and I mean little) car.

Volkswagen Golf Sportswagen
---------------------------
so, due to the loss of my uncle (the one who gave us all the term "cowbell" we use in OKS), all of my siblings and a good number of my cousins were in town. words can't describe how much I missed seeing them around.

my brother and I jumped off into this long conversation about my tape collection and rap music when he brought up Straight Outta Compton. I also put him on to Thundercat's "Them Changes" and he had it on repeat the rest of the weekend.

shit is gonna be sad as hell without Unc around, not to mention everyone else. but at least now (once the flippin car is fixed) I'm gonna be hitting the road in earnest.

my life is playing out a lot like Tyler The Creator's WOLF album. Still no "Salem" to be found, though

Holden Commodore VF Sportswagon
-------------------------------
I saw The Book of Mormon, a musical written by the South Park dudes, recently. that shit was funny as FUCK. and the one girl character from Uganda had this pretty-ass, Stephanie Mills sounding ass voice.

man, I love Stephanie Mills. she's my life-time favorite Micromaster (Koi, who posts here, might be a close #1b).

side note: Cleveland's Playhouse Square area is pretty as fuck too. especially at night. goddamn. I had to take a picture and Gram it up.

Subaru Levorg
-------------------------------
This has been the busiest week in a minute. All I want is a little downtime. I am pledging to change my ways as much as I can this year and beyond, but I'm really starting to understand the burden of introversion. the need to be "out of sight" and unbothered is real.