Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthen so be it, but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12879761&mesg_id=12880306
12880306, then so be it, but...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Fri Aug-14-15 02:01 PM
I listen to an obscene amount of music from these artists (there's a reason I have well over 200GB of music on my DAW PC, around 80GB on my primary laptop, and about 40GB on my secondary laptop). Some (like Fetty Wap) fall through the cracks, but I hear just about every new artist coming out at some point.

The R&B artists are the worst of the bunch. The songs sound like they were written for rappers, but no one wanted them so they gave it to a singer.

Their singing is atonal and sounds more like yelling most of the times. There's no melodic sound in their voices, no way to distinguish what key they're singing in.

Shit is trash, and if that means I'm labeled as an old curmudgeon that's not "with the times", then I'll be that.

*listens to "Joy and Pain" by Maze feat Frankie Beverly*

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.