Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is beautiful
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12874979&mesg_id=12876644
12876644, this is beautiful
Posted by labcoat, Tue Aug-11-15 09:14 AM
i need to listen to a sermon after this:

and i told her that one of the last things Jesus did was to wash his disciples' feet, which was one of the most filthy and lowly tasks in that culture, and which freaked them out. they had been out, empowered to heal people in His name, and here they were allowing God, himself, to wash their feet. even servants have to realize that sometimes they need to let others serve them. and they always have to remember that there are some tasks that are God-sized.

lastly, i told her that i had talked w/ dad over the last couple of days and was satisfied that he knew christ, understood salvation, and was saved. i, my fam, my church, and others have been praying about this for YEARS. dad used to be openly hostile to the concept. i never pushed it. i just quietly did my thing, and would share here and there. regardless of anything, that's the biggest miracle in my eyes.

anyway, i told her that once i knew that, i had peace. because dad is going to win, regardless. to live is Christ, and to die is gain...

God bless you all