Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIts disheartening
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12866293&mesg_id=12886638
12886638, Its disheartening
Posted by BigReg, Tue Aug-25-15 08:04 AM
> when they've clearly coopted the work of
>the activists in Ferguson who are putting their lives on the
>line and aren't members of BLM.

Thats what's killing me; you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You want to be a organization with 26 chapters and a board? Awesome, get that organized and come out with a C-O-N-C-I-S-E action plan. Don't get mad when people ask you for one also, because an organization is expected to have solid goals and plans to get there.

If you want to be move of a movement with no central power, then anyone should be able to push things forward and nobody should get mad if they kind of get pushed in the banner because at the end of the day there's a 95% overlap anyway.

Seems they just got mad at Bernie's people calling Deray #BLM and took it from there. It's just shitty ass politics and makes me give them all the side eye considering that many of the people on the ground originally, like you pointed out, have no fucking clue what a #BLM is. They just want police brutality to stop in their communities, they aren't working on their resume for future non-for profit jobs.