Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI dunno why folks are having this very binary view of this. It's not
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12861377&mesg_id=12861995
12861995, I dunno why folks are having this very binary view of this. It's not
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jul-23-15 02:21 PM
because we have ratchet entertainment, we are now downtrodden. And once we have wholesome entertainment, then black people will be doing great.

Also not even arguing that whether this is the root cause or primary cause for where we are today.

I think we are all grown up enough to know that the current state of black people is the product of many factors, historical and present, combining to create a gumbo of disparity between us and the rest of America in certain regards.

I am wondering once you stipulate all that, does the negativeness negatively affect us in any form or fashion.

Folks have no problem saying the model magazines contribute to girls having eating disorders.

Is it allowable that the negative entertainment has some sort affect on us?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're