Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo, I'm late to this but questions for the DC Border Patrol contingent:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12857387&mesg_id=12859549
12859549, So, I'm late to this but questions for the DC Border Patrol contingent:
Posted by kfine, Tue Jul-21-15 03:34 PM

What actually is the purpose of checking someone on say Capitol Heights or Silver Spring or Arlington or Bethesda etc. vs DC? I mean we're talking areas that are serviced by the same bus system, same subway system, same utility companies, etc. Is it just about the feeling it gives you inside or is there a practical concern/application in there somewhere?

The level of engagement argument doesn't really make sense to me. DC swells by 80% every workday and a good portion of the 'false washingtonions' drive DC's economy on a consistent basis by way of shared amenities, services and entertainment. Also, several government agencies are headquartered outside of distric borders, including the DOD/Pentagon. This has not interfered with their government function or relevance in the capital region at large.

There is literally no possible way all of the federal government, municipal government and local commerce, communities and cultures could fit within city limits unless you want population density worse than Manila. And DC is already one of the most expensive cities in the US without such density.

Do you all just envision some Washingtonian utopia where this level of activity sustains, anyone and everyone can reside within distric borders, and it doesn't cost millions per square foot?

And can you explain how your logic makes sense for a city like nyc, where the boroughs are actually classified as seperate counties? Shouldn't you be splitting hairs regarding BK people claiming nyc as well?