Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttoday is juneteenth! aka burn a rebel flag day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12834536
12834536, today is juneteenth! aka burn a rebel flag day
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Jun-19-15 04:49 AM
CELEBRATE!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/19/juneteenth-charleston-ame-shooting/28964807/

for my non clickers, juneteenth is a holiday to commemorate the ending of slavery in the US...tho i like to fold global slavery into the get down as well.

slaves in Texas didnt find out we were free until 2 years after the emancipation proclamation (NO black ppl came down from Louisiana to tell us? smh)

and if you think you partied in your life? imagine THAT party.

and i know some people are going to say how can you celebrate now in the wake of all thats happened?

motherfucker, thats precisely WHY we should party! that bowl cut having bastard did what he did because he felt that Black ppl were taking over the country...guess what?

hes right! - og maco

we aint taking it over NOW its BEEN ours. our ancestors literally paid the price in blood, sweat and tears for centuries. its ours. from sea to shining sea. and today?

we remember them. and we celebrate them. because had they not done what they did? had that ancestor NOT gone thru the abject debasement they did...? WE wouldnt be here.

so you gatdamn right we gonna party.

in whatever way you see fit.

personally im desperately trying to find a rebel flag to take & burn.

but you do what you do.

denmark vesey we remember you.
harriet tubman we remember you.
fannie lou hamer, we remember you.

and on.

ashe.

12834542, BBq and red soda water....OOOWWWWW!
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jun-19-15 05:29 AM
thats Big Red by the way ..not no fkng strawberry
12834550, good post
Posted by Deadzombie, Fri Jun-19-15 06:17 AM
12834551, *fist up* n/m
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Fri Jun-19-15 06:34 AM

. . . If I have something to say when there is a reason involved, I am perfectly willing to talk. Katherine Hepburn
12834554, lol.
Posted by atruhead, Fri Jun-19-15 07:06 AM

>so you gatdamn right we gonna party.
>
>in whatever way you see fit.
>
>personally im desperately trying to find a rebel flag to take
>& burn.
>
>but you do what you do.

12834560, i wonder if that terrorist planned to shoot up one of our oldest churches
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Jun-19-15 07:29 AM
in the days b4 Juneteenth as part of a statement? I'm not sure he's that clever.

But fuck him and fuck that - I'm celebrating today by getting brothers out of jail. With my Black woman courtroom partner.
12834566, motherfuck that flag ... in the goat ass.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Jun-19-15 07:37 AM