Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Yeah I was at FAMU for six years, and I've been to plenty Blacker cities
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12814149&mesg_id=12814473
12814473, RE: Yeah I was at FAMU for six years, and I've been to plenty Blacker cities
Posted by SoWhat, Tue May-26-15 11:56 AM
It's not many nice grocery stores, shopping
>areas, corporations, or even night life spots in the majority
>Black areas.

^^ that.

that's one of my major problems w/the Bay Area. i don't want to have to limit my existence to East Oakland if i want to live in a place where i don't feel like a fucking alien b/c there are so few blacks around.

here in Chicago this issue doesn't really exist for me b/c though i don't live in a majority black nabe, when i travel around in my hood i see plenty black faces. and when i leave my hood and ride the L or go shopping or even drive around i see other blacks around...so i don't get that alien feeling. i don't feel like The Black Guy everywhere i go when i'm here. but out in the Bay i'm The Black Guy EVERYWHERE...unless i'm in certain parts of Oakland.

i might be willing to live that way at some point in the future...but it's a real thing that happens and i won't be making that up. i don't experience that b/c i don't know where to go to find the blacks - i experience it b/c there just aren't as many blacks out there as there are here. and that's w/o regard for percentages.