Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah I was at FAMU for six years, and I've been to plenty Blacker cities
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12814149&mesg_id=12814461
12814461, Yeah I was at FAMU for six years, and I've been to plenty Blacker cities
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue May-26-15 11:51 AM
Chicago, NY, Philly, ATL, DC, all several times.

And the thing is, I have ALWAYS lived in Black neighborhoods in L.A., so it's never at all felt like a minority. I've lived in Inglewood, Gardena, and South Central, each time in areas that were 80% Black. Even when I go to the movies, malls, clubs, all else, most places have a decent amount of Blacks, if not majority.

It's usually all about where you live, where you choose to party, and other issues. I understand that nobody wants to move to L.A. to live in "the hood"...and that most folks who move here are here for Entertainment, and choose to live closer to Hollywood or the Valley. But that's where there's not nearly as many Blacks.

I think the way I see it is completely different....5% sounds super low if you're in a neighborhood that only has 5%...but the city is huge, and the Black areas tend to be 60%-80% Black, with the rest usually being Mexicans. The main issue is that the White and mixed areas are always a whole lot nicer, with more access. It's not many nice grocery stores, shopping areas, corporations, or even night life spots in the majority Black areas.