Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPeople have no idea how hard it really is to [fill in the blank]
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12776463&mesg_id=12776463
12776463, People have no idea how hard it really is to [fill in the blank]
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Apr-09-15 11:22 AM
This can probably be said about most occupations, hobbies, or activities that aren't known for being extremely difficult (becoming an Engineer, Lawyer, training for Olympics, staying married, building a house from scratch, etc etc)....but what are some things that you do, or have tried to do, that you realize are much harder than it appears to be on surface?

Of course I can say DJing...I did a family type party last month, and there was a 7 year old who was highly entertaining, but still annoying. After 20 minutes, her dad FINALLY saw that she kept bugging me, and he grabbed her away and said "leave him alone, he's working!" and she said "no he's not, he's just playing music!!!" Sure, she's seven, but I realize that even older folks see it the same way.

Aside from DJing...I would say photography is much harder than folks think. Especially for the photographers who have to edit. Doesn't matter if it's glamour shots, Wedding pics, or a magazine model...I can see that it's way harder than people realize. I notice it most when there's two photographers at one event, and they each have a completely different set of pictures.