Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: As I said, he's not the only one and that's the point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750758&mesg_id=12751524
12751524, RE: As I said, he's not the only one and that's the point
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Mar-13-15 06:21 PM
>
>It's got nothing to do with hurt feelings, either.
>
>I don't get why you're jumping to the notion that people
>reacting negatively to his bullshit do so because their
>feelings were hurt or something "hit home" or whatever. That
>conclusion basically exists to make an excuse for his behavior
>and highly flawed, one sided perspectives. That's basically
>playing the "hater" card, designed to deflect criticism.
>
>His message itself warrants criticism on it's own (lack of)
>merit. His method of delivery also warrants criticism.
>
>None of that has a thing to do with "hurt feelings".
>

It has everything to do with hurt feelings. People have taken offense to his position on maintaining a 9 to 5 and how he went at Envy. And I'm not just talking about this message board. I'm speaking in general.

I agree that what he did with Envy was not only uncalled for but inaccurate as Envy is an entrepreneur outside of working for the radio station.

But as far as the 9 to 5 shit, there's truth in that. A LOT. So like I said, I take it for what it is. His main point to Envy was that he (Envy) enjoys what he does and because of it he's okay with the fact that he doesn't own or dictate it when the reality is he can have both. I can accept that part as true and move on with my day.

That's really all there is to it.

I'm not advocating for him as a public speaker or even as the best businessman, I'm just saying the nigga had a point and probably reached a few people with it.

It ain't deep.

Some people can't accept a truth about health from an overweight person talking shit, but personally I can separate the truth from the person even if they aren't the best "representative".