Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's gotta be nerve wracking, but ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12741203&mesg_id=12741388
12741388, It's gotta be nerve wracking, but ...
Posted by Brew, Tue Mar-03-15 09:10 PM
I think, judging by the little info you gave us, you probably made a sound decision. Additionally it sounds like you have enough sense in you to use your anxiety about it as motivation to find something better, and you'll end up back on your feet in no time. Granted I have no idea what kind of career you're in...I'm just judging by the fact that it sounds like you have the proper positive attitude about it, despite some (natural, understandable) anxiety.

I found myself stuck in a job I hated for many years but never quit just because I was afraid of all the things you speak of...not having a back up plan, draining my savings, etc. I finally found a job worth leaving that other one for but I still always wish I had done so sooner, because it would've motivated me to get out there and find something good that I'd actually like. In the end, it worked out fine, I really like my new job...but I suffered in misery about 4 years longer than I probably should have considering, you know, life is short, etc. Oh well. Live and learn.

Anyway - didn't mean to post jack I just remember being in that position and am happy to hear you looked past your fear and went for it, unlike I did. I wish you the best. I'm actually interested to know how it works out for you.