Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy god.. this show..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12717953&mesg_id=12780191
12780191, My god.. this show..
Posted by neuro_OSX, Tue Apr-14-15 02:26 AM
IMHO it trumps every single superhero film ever made to date. The writing, the directing the cinema photography, the lighting.. great use of short depth of field in various shots. I couldn't ask for more with the fight choreography, for the first time I'm not sure that the hero is always going to win, its all such well crafted art !!

For me the bottom line is this show humanizes everyone, no matter how heinous the person is, no matter how much of a bad ass they are, this show humanizes them and that is the difference between this show and its handling of a superhero universe and every other TV show and film ever made about comic book characters. Everyone is human, everyone feels pain and this show puts it all on display more honestly than any effort to date.

This is what a Batman series should look like, the movie theatre format is far too limiting for a proper Batman film. Daredevil has set the bar hella high. DC needs to find some talented folks and get a Batman miniseries going. Those Nolan films while good are dead to me after watching just a few episodes of Daredevil.

The serialized format will trump the theatre movies every time when it comes to proper, patient and coherent story telling.. A 2 hour film is fine for the 3rd act (perhaps), but that's about it. The day to day stuff of a superhero character is infinitely more interesting to me than the end of the world scenarios we get with the Marvel/DC tent pole movies.

Though without question Marvel is on the right track in combining the comic universe through TV and movies.